MedShadow searches the Internet for information on long-term effects of any medicine so that you can make a decision between alternatives with full knowledge of all the risks.
This web site and MedShadow Foundation accepts no advertising, no money from pharmaceutical companies or health care provider organizations or companies.
Our starting points are these:
- Drugs, used appropriately, save lives.
- All drugs have side effects, even homeopathic ones, even over-the-counter ones.
- Almost no new drugs are tested for long-term effects before FDA approval. Long-term testing is done “in the field” if at all.
- Drugs work differently on different people, and drugs work differently when taken with other medicines.
- Drugs should only be used when necessary.
- Sometimes it is necessary to use a drug even if you don’t know the long-term effects.